The Member Relations Chair also:
- Initiates internal communications, including developing newsletter content, email blasts, event announcements, awareness of member status, etc.
- Works on initiatives to recruit new members with the Publicity Chair
- Creates and maintains the active member community on Facebook by being or appointing Admin of the LANCE Members Page
- Updates and maintains the Member Histories
- Handles the execution and filing of new member paperwork with the assistance of the Secretary
- Coordinates social activities for the general membership; including outings, guilde workshops, parties, etc.
- Avertises events and training to the membership
- Develops member outreach strategies to encourage greater member participation in trainings and activities
- Organizes and maintains member recognition programs such as birthday/anniversary promotions
- Manages execution of bi-annual membership meetings
- Serves as primary point of contact for member relations and provides assistance as needed to service member requests
Currently our Member Relation Chair is Heather Walker; who states this position is “unique” to the board of governors in that it solely focuses on the members. Being the Member Relations Chair means working with the Board of Governors to determine cost effective member outing ideas and workshops, finding ways to internally market these events, working with the Documentarian ensuring event reports for the outings are properly completed, and reaching out to the community for new outing ideas! Heather feels that it is important for the Member Relations Chair to be prepared for events to not always go as planned. Her favorite part is “when an event comes together and you see everyone having fun and making new friendships, or when you come to training the next day or next weekend and those people are hanging out and you think to yourself ‘I was apart of that!’”
If you know an active member in LANCE who has interest in running for Member Relations, we invite you to nominate them. All nominations are welcomed, including nominations of Officers currently serving, and must be accepted by the nominee in order for them to be eligible for election. We ask that you do not nominate yourself, but if you would like to be nominated for any of the positions, have a friend nominate you or speak with any of the current Board Officers.