The Training Chair is responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining training curricula for LANCE
- Working with the Safety Chair and Quartermaster to ensure that training events are both safe and properly supplied
- Selecting new trainers, training them, and matching them with classes
- Designing the training schedule
- Keeping up with LANCE members’ progress in their training
- Assisting the fight directors for events in training specific performers for their roles
- Booking and upkeep of training locations
Currently our Training Committee Chair is AJ Harrett, who has been in the position since being appointed during July of 2016 and having been re-elected the following year.
If you know an active member in LANCE who has interest in running for Training Committee Chair, we invite you to nominate them. All nominations are welcomed, including nominations of Officers currently serving, and must be accepted by the nominee at the March Elections in order for them to be eligible for election. We ask that you do not nominate yourself, but if you would like to be nominated for any of the positions, have a friend nominate you or speak with any of the current Board Officers.
THAT'S ALL FOLKS! You have now been introduced to all of the Committee Chair positions. Remember, elections are coming up on March 24th. Please get your nominations in sooner rather than later! We can't wait to see everyone there!