To be more specific, the Documentarian is in charge of:
- Ensuring that LANCE events are documented with photos and videos
- Sharing recorded media with both LANCE members and the wider public in conjunction with the Member Relations Chair and Publicity Chair
- Backing up and archiving all LANCE media
- Creating event report forms and sharing completed reports with the Board of Governors
- Overseeing the Chronicler of Arms and their work on the Armory
- Maintaining scribing binders, notebooks, and online choreography archives
- Collecting items such as pictures and articles from outside sources about LANCE and its members
Currently the position of Documentarian is held by Marissa Kraatz. According to Marissa, her biggest responsibility is making sure that content is released in a timely manner - which is a challenge because LANCE generates new content every week! She feels that strong computer literacy and regular internet access are important things for any Documentarian to have, present or future. A great deal of work for this committee is done digitally.
If you know an active member in LANCE who has interest in running for Documentarian, we invite you to nominate them. All nominations are welcomed, including nominations of Officers currently serving, and must be accepted by the nominee at the March Elections in order for them to be eligible for election. We ask that you do not nominate yourself, but if you would like to be nominated for any of the positions, have a friend nominate you or speak with any of the current Board Officers.