The Safety Chair also:
- Creates and maintains safety standards for the troupe in collaboration with the Training Chair
- Works with the Quartermaster and Training Chair in maintaining the integrity of all weapons used by the troupe
- Is in charge of the upkeep of all safety equipment and materials
- Checks the safety of performance and training spaces
- Is responsible for ensuring all safety equipment is present at LANCE practices, including but not limited to First Aid Kit(s), water, and safety paperwork
- Ensures Accident Reports are filled out and properly filed
- Works closely with the Quartermaster and Training Chair regarding certain responsibilities (i.e. safety of training spaces, equipment responsibilities, etc.)
Currently, the Safety Chair position is vacant. Be aware that the Safety Chair must also be a Trainer or Apprentice Trainer. Remember if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about any of the committees so far, just email us or ask any of your Board of Governors!
Four out of seven Chair positions down, only 3 more to learn about! Have you found a position you’re interested in? Talk to your friends in LANCE and let them know! Again we ask that you please not nominate yourself.
We are excited to see all of our active members in March for Elections!